- We understand that the privacy of your personal details, and the
of your transactions with us, is of paramount importance to you. Matrak has therefore adopted
the rules we will abide by when dealing with personal information we collect from individuals in
course of our business.
- We may make alterations or additions to this policy from time to
Should we do so, we will update the policy on our web site. We require that all our customers
of our web site whether or not customers of Matrak.
- Please note that we cannot and do not assume any responsibility for
privacy or security practices of any other web sites which you may be able to access through our
site, or for our customers' level of compliance with our code.
- What Information Do We Collect?
Matrak collects different information about you at different times. There are
four broad categories of information that we collect from you:
- Information we require to supply our services.
- When you first sign up or contract with Matrak for our services, or when
make an inquiry about our services, we request information such as your name, email address,
telephone number, and details of your company.
- We may also monitor and/or record telephone conversations with you from
to time in order to train staff and to improve our service to you.
- When purchasing our services online, we collect your credit card expiry
and last 4 digits only. Matrak Industries do not ever store your full credit card details.
all payment information is use solely by our third party payment processor, Stripe. More
- Non personally identifying information.
- In addition to the information you specifically provide above, Matrak
operates statistics gathering software on its web site to collect information about the number
visitors coming to the site. No identifying information is collected by this software. The
records the IP address of the visitor only. We use this information to improve our own technical
structure and performance, and to determine which areas of our web site are most popular.
- Other demographic information.
If you respond voluntarily to our surveys or other interactive
communications, we collect the responses and use the information to improve the quality and range of
Matrak's products and services.
- Information collected as part of service use
- To protect user security, End User device or computer configuration
information (such as IP Address information, IMEI, Matrak username and password) may at any time
collected by us.
- Through use of our services, personal information may inadvertently
provided to Matrak as part of the data either to be loaded into our services, or entered
an End User. This may include information such as name, contact details, or company.
- How Do We Use Personal Information We Have Collected?
- We collect and use your personal information to operate our web site
deliver all of our services to you. We will use your personal information to provide you
- technical support;
- billing and credit control;
- sales support;
- product upgrades; and
- We may use your personal information to:
- Contact you in relation to upgrading your use of our services, special
offers (from us, or on behalf of third parties), with newsletters, surveys, and individual
audits. We may give extracts of our customer lists containing personal information to third
contractors to do this on our behalf. We will ensure that those contractors are bound to protect
your personal information to the same standard that we are;
- Identify the source of new customers to Matrak;
- Monitor and address complaints, other feedback, and to resolve disputes;
- In the case of ACNs, to verify your identity;
- Maintain a technical and account history of your dealings with us, and
re-establish your account with us where you rejoin as a customer within six months after having
terminated your account;
- Provide a stream lined and complete service to you during the completing
future work that you require. It is may be collected and or used by any Matrak employee,
contractor or partner that we deal with to provide our service to you.
- Monitor your compliance with our terms and conditions of supply;
- We will treat all information we collect from you as strictly
confidential. Matrak does not rent or lease its customer lists to third parties (unless they
specific need to fulfil a Matrak service such as referred to in clause 3.3(a)). We will
reveal, disclose, sell, distribute, rent, licence, share or pass onto any third party (other
those who are contracted or supply services to Matrak) any personal information that you may
provided to us unless we have your express consent to do so, other than in the circumstances set
in the next paragraph.
- We will disclose your personal information, without notice or your
consent, only if:
- we are required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such
is necessary to conform with the laws, applicable code of conduct or legal process served on us
relation to our business or web site;
- to protect and defend the rights or property of Matrak;
- if we consider it necessary to do so in order to enforce or apply the
of any of our agreements with you;
- if we sell our business or part of it; and
- in extreme circumstances, to protect the personal safety of users of
Matrak's services, its web site, our staff or the public.
- The information that Matrak stores about you is kept within our
and only employees or contractors are given permission to view this information. Where
necessary, your information is protected with passwords given only to the required Matrak
- Other Disclosure by You
- You might provide personal information through your participation in
sessions, message boards, email exchanges or newsgroups accessed via Matrak.com.au, or another
service provided by Matrak. This information is public and immediately available to anyone who
access to such a site; it is not private. Matrak urges you to enter only information that you
apply to such information.
- You should never reveal your password to third parties. If you lose
control of your password, you may lose control over your personal information and may be liable
actions taken on your behalf by third parties using your password and/or personal information.
Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change
- If you collect personal information which you keep on servers
Matrak as part of our service to you, you alone are responsible for compliance with the Privacy
1988 (Cth) in respect of that information. We take no responsibility for your dealings with
information you collect.
- How to Access, Correct & Remove Your Personal
- From time to time you may need to update your personal information.
Please contact us to have this information updated.
- If your personal information has been added to Matrak as per section
Matrak will remove this information on written request.
If you have a complaint about any aspect of our Privacy procedures, please
contact our Privacy Officer on email@example.com. We will deal promptly with your complaint. If
cannot resolve the complaint to your satisfaction within a reasonable time, you or we may refer the
complaint to the Privacy Commissioner.